Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sometimes you feel like a sandwich

Sometimes you feel like a sandwich and this week I did. On Wednesday night, I just didn't feel like cooking. I was on my own for dinner and decided to make a sandwich with some of the fixings we picked up from the grocery store on Sunday. Here's the ingredient list.

- Parmesan, Pesto Ham
- Ever-roast Roasted Chicken
- Horseradish Cheddar Cheese
- Sweet Hot Mustard
- Mayo
- All on Whole Wheat Sourdough

It was a good sandwich. My only complaint was in the bread. The sourdough was good, but the slices were so thick and the bread was so dense that it masked the taste of everything else. It dominated the sandwich too much. Next time, I'll try plain whole wheat or regular sourdough.

Funny story on the Ever-roast Roasted Chicken. It's a Boar's Head product and was on special. When I asked the girl at the deli counter if it was good, she said "ooooohhhh it's the BOMB! Tastes just like chicken noodle soup!". As though that's what you're looking for in deli meat. So she game me a piece to try. And you know what? It did tasted oddly like chicken noodle soup. But was also pretty good. And despite the odd similarity to chicken noodle soup, I bought some. I recommend everyone try it, at the very least to see how much it taste like chicken noodle soup.

-- Jeff

1 comment:

  1. The horseradish cheddar cheese sounds like the bomb diggity to ME!

    ReplyDelete