Sunday, October 11, 2009

I Love Fall


Jeff and I both love Fall but for different reasons. He likes the cool weather and football and I like the food. I love soups, apples, candy corn and anything pumpkin flavored. I wait all year for the pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks. I am very excited to try Blue Moon's Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale. I can't wait to test some recipes for pumpkin bread, pumpkin poundcake, pumpkin cheesecake and pumpkin soup.





Another Fall find is Honeycrisp apples. I don't know how I did not know about this wonderful fruit until just recently. They are the perfect combination of crispy, sweet and a little tart. I usually like the green Granny Smith apples but these are even better. They are slightly more expensive than most apples but so worth it! We found this huge bag at Trader Joe's for only $3.49. I plan on eating an apple a day! -- Joy








3 comments:

  1. I am SO with you! I love everything about fall....especially the food...and the pumpkin spice latte! Can't wait to get your pumpkin recipes!!!!! And tell us about the beer--recommend or not? I read about those apples in Martha Stewart (I think) and can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Harvest Moon beer was very good. We had three people try it each with varying degrees of tolerance to "fruity" beers. Joy loves fruity beers, I'm Ok with them and our friend Ty doesn't like them at all.

    This beer really didn't have a strong pumpkin taste to it. So Ty and I liked it but Joy was a little let down that it wasn't more pumpkin-y. Ty and I thought that the beer really tasted like Fall, if that makes sense, and that the pumpkin seemed to bring out a nuttiness in the brew.

    So the final verdict, if you want a beer that tastes like pumpkin, this isn't your beer but if you want a great Fall ale, this one does nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I'm like Joy. If it's pumpkin beer, then by God, it should taste like PUMPKIN. What a tease. But thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete