Sunday, March 14, 2010

Tag You're It


I know I have not posted in over a month and there is no excuse other than both Jeff and I have been extremely busy at work. What better way to get back into blogging on a regular basis by participating in a blog game. Here is the deal:

1. Open your 1st photo folder
2. Scroll to your 10th photo
3. Post the photo and the story behind it
4. Tag 5 or more people

The photo above is my 10th photo. It is me and my friend Jami in Charleston on 4th of July weekend 2006. I think this was at Ravel on King Street. We were out with her husband, Dan, and my other friends Miriam, Roxanne, Melonye, and Melonye's husband John. It was a really fun night but the 11th picture in my folder made me laugh out loud and I have to tell you the story behind that one!



This picture was taken once we got back to Miriam's house. It is a picture of her brisker. You may be asking, "what is a brisker" because Roxanne and I certainly asked that question. A brisker looks like a bread box but really its function is completely opposite of a bread box. It is an electric crisper. It keeps food like crackers, chips, cereals and cookies crisp. Miriam said they have been used in her family for years and this one was passed down to her. We think they were used a lot in the South years ago when not everyone had air conditioning and summers were very humid. Roxanne and I had never heard of a brisker before that evening and we were so glad Miriam was able to enlighten us. And that we had crispy bagel chips to enjoy when we got back from our night out on the town!


I tag Jami, Katie, Deanna, Melanie, Mary Katherine, and Cristin. If you don't have a blog, you can email me your picture and story. Thanks Rox for tagging me!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I look HORRENDOUS in that picture!! But BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA The Brisker!!! I love it! What FABULOUS times we've had!!! Oh my gosh, I love my girls!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete