Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Reuben Dip

This dip will be my contribution at tomorrow's Dip of the Month Club. What is DOTM Club, you may ask? A couple of girls at work, Natalie and Jennifer, came up with a great idea to gather a bunch of co-workers each month to sample new dips and share the recipes. So I will have more dip recipes coming soon! I came up with this recipe over the weekend and it is a new favorite. I just happened to find Rye Triscuts and they go really well with the dip. I think I like this combination even more than a regular Reuben sandwich!

Ingredients


1/2 pound corned beef. Deli sliced thick then cut into ½ inch pieces
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 C shredded Swiss cheese, divided
1 cup sauerkraut, drained and squeezed well
½ C Thousand Island dressing

In a medium bowl, combine corned beef, cream cheese, 1 C Swiss cheese, sauerkraut,and dressing. Spoon into a greased, 1-quart baking dish. Top with remaining ½ C Swiss cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Serve warm with Rye Triscuts or rye bread.


Note: I used reduced fat cream cheese, Swiss cheese and Thousand Island dressing and it turned out great.


3 comments:

  1. Even with reduced fat cc....I'm pretty sure this isn't super healthy?!?!? Ha! Bon appetit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitly not "healthy" but I made it a little better!

    DOTM was a huge success this month. We had the Rueben Dip, a Pesto Cheese dip and a Chili Cheese dip. I forgot to take pictures but as soon as I make these at home, I will post the recipes and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't WAIT for the recipes!! Mmmmmm!!!!

    ReplyDelete